There is much that can be learned from French jeweler Cartier’s latest campaign for the launch of its Paris Nouveau Vague collection. In fact, Cartier’s approach, which used e-mail, social videos and a branded magazine, landed it a spot in Luxury Daily’s top 10 luxury brand multi-channel marketers of Q3 2013.
There were several strong points to Cartier’s strategy:
- Multiple media helped reinforce the message and keep Cartier top of mind longer.
- It allowed customers to engage with the brand through the medium of their choice at a time that was convenient for them.
- Every format allowed for unlimited repeat viewing and sharing.
- It rolled the message out slowly to let the key points sink in.
- It took over its branded digital magazine. This allowed the company to focus the reader’s undivided attention on the new line.
How could Cartier – and your company – extend a marketing strategy such as this one through to service?
- With multi-channel call center solutions, agents could respond to an interaction through the same channel the customer reached out in.
- Agents who respond via e-mail could attach a video, the digital magazine or even a coupon.
- All three channels could include a live chat button with an option of text, audio or video.
- Automated call center solutions could push a short survey to each customer upon completion of the interaction to ensure it was to their satisfaction.
Multi-channel options show true potential for strengthening customer relationships, and giving customers a choice in how they want to engage with you gives back that long lost sense of autonomy on their part.