Who’s going to tell the boss? When it comes to convincing CEOs to make changes in their overall strategies, you’re going to need some hard data to back up your claims. When it comes to call center software and the need to improve mobile service, there are a number of statistics that will be quote convincing to any boss. Let’s take a look at the top 10 reasons why improving mobility should be top of mind in 2014, based on aggregated data from Mobify:
1. 61 percent of people think more highly of a brand that offers a good mobile experience
2. 29 percent of U.S. residents say that their phone is the first and last thing that look at each day
3. Mobile advertising accounts for 30 percent of Facebook’s ad revenue
4. 60 percent of mobile shoppers use their smartphones while inside a store; another 50 percent use it while on their way over to the store (don’t text and drive, though, be careful)
5. 25 percent of all Internet searches are mobile-based
6. 95 percent of smartphone users have used their device to seek out local info
7. 31 percent of adults own a tablet device
8. 44 percent have slept with their cell phone by their side in order to make sure they didn’t miss a notification
9. The average age for a person’s first cell phone is 13
10. 60 percent of Twitter users access the service through a mobile device
Showing this list of statistics to any CEO will get them moving fast on mobile service. Make sure that your call center’s New Year’s Resolutions include such updates.
- Previous article : Can You Afford Not to Have a Mobile Customer Service Strategy in Place?
- Next article : What Will Multi-channel Customer Service Look Like in 2014?