The call center industry is synonymous with that of customer service. The two are like salt and pepper, a burger and fries or peanut butter and jelly. Any call center manager – or any business executive, for that matter – needs to stay on his or her toes when it comes to the latest trends, insight and pertinent data being compiled to reveal just what customers today want. Take a look at the below stats and let us know what you think:
· In a survey of over 7,600 U.S. online adults who have used any customer service method in the past 12 months, almost half (45 percent) said that they are “very likely” to abandon their online purchase if they can’t find a quick answer to their question.
· In that same survey, 66 percent stated that “valuing their time” is the most important thing a company can do to deliver “good online customer service.”
· 47 percent of firms polled in a recent Forrester survey said that supporting more mobile devices – such as smartphones – was a “critical” or “somewhat critical” telecom priority for them.
· Meanwhile, 49 percent of enterprises identified supporting more mobile applications for out-of-office users as an important telecom initiative for their firm.
· 77 percent of customer experience professionals say that “improving the online customer experience” is their main objective.
· Closely following this is the 74 percent of respondents who said that improving cross-channel customer experiences is their main objective.
Craving some more service statistics? Click here to access Forrester’s whitepaper, “Navigating the Future of Customer Service” in full. After that, click here to explore call center applications, solutions and software that support these industry trends.
Interested in our solutions?