A vast majority of customer service managers or decision-makers say that providing “good customer service” is among their top strategic priorities; however, a majority struggle with the act of balancing cost and customer satisfaction. In fact, only 37 percent of companies have a dedicated budget for customer experience improvement initiatives, according to a recent whitepaper from top industry analyst Forrester Research.
Organizations are striving to achieve in a time aptly described by Forrester as “the age of the customer.” Meanwhile, business and IT professionals who are responsible for elevating customer service initiatives continue to struggle with handling and understanding changing customer behaviors. We don’t blame them, either. As the whitepaper mentions, this includes re-engineering end-to-end business processes and acquiring and deploying appropriate supporting technologies in the hopes of sustaining an organization’s overall new and evolved way of working.
Also according to Forrester:
· Almost every customer experience decision-maker (93 percent of all study participants) say that a “good customer experience” is one of his or her top strategic priorities.
· 75 percent of participants want to use stellar customer experience as a competitive differentiator.
· Nearly half (45 percent) of U.S. online consumers will abandon their online purchase if they cannot find a “quick answer” to their questions.
· 66 percent of U.S. online consumers say that the “most important” thing a company can do to provide them with good service is to value their time.
· 57 percent of U.S. online consumers say that they’ve had “unsatisfactory” service interactions over the last 12 months.
· Of those 57 percent, 27 percent vented about their negative experience by turning to social media and using things such as online customer reviews, Facebook statuses or blog posts.
To learn more about the whitepaper, click here to access it in full. Curious about your call center software options for helping ease this challenge? Explore our award-winning offerings today.
Interested in our solutions?