It’s the classic need for speed. People are calling today’s youth the “Google Generation,” representative of their constant need for high-speed browsing and instant gratification when it comes to online customer service. It’s unbelievable to now thing that American customers refuse to wait in line for longer than 15 minutes. As such, they have taken to the computer screen in the hopes of being serviced in a way that better fits their lifestyles.
This should be telling call center managers or decision-makers one and one thing only: Among the many call center solutions available today, they should be investing in one that boasts unprecedented online performance and service.
Why? Consider the following, according to a recent infographic by OnlineGraduatePrograms.com:
- Over three billion Google searches are completed in one day, answering 34,000 questions per second.
- Google found that slowing down search results by just .4 seconds will see 8 million less searches.
- One in four people will abandon a Web page that takes more than four seconds to load.
- 50 percent of mobile users will abandon a Web page if it doesn’t load in less than 10 seconds.
- Of these 50 percent, three out of five customers won’t return to that same website again.
- In the U.S., 25 percent of mobile Web users only access the Internet via their mobile phones.
- 40 percent of mobile shoppers will abandon an e-commerce site that doesn’t load in three seconds.
This should be sending one very important message to contact center managers: Without fast and efficient service, your customers will eventually abandon you, even if you’ve built customer loyalty. Does your call center solution support enhanced mobile and Web service for your customers?