Recently, our partner, Salesforce, shared its thoughts on the state of social ad spending – a market that is being predicted to reach $11 billion by 2017. This statistic alone should be influencing both domestic and international call centers to reinvent their strategies and to reimagine the way they look at social media.
Global and Regional Trends
- Asia-Pacific as a region has a high click-through rate (CTR) at an average 61 percent
- The Asia-Pacific region is 21 percent above average in the cost-per-click (CPC) category
- Europe, the Middle East and Africa as a region has a 55 percent higher CTR than the Americas, 15 percent below average CPC and 29 percent below average cost per impression (CPM)
Most Actionable Apps
- Sponsored apps cost 25 percent more to install compared to those that are non-sponsored
- Despite this, sponsored apps are much more well received than non-sponsored apps
- CTR are well above average for several sponsored ad types, including sponsored place check-in stories and sponsored page post like stories
Best Performing Industries
- The telecommunications industry is seeing a CTR and CPM that is almost triple that of others.
- Not only this, but the telecommunications industry is experiencing the highest CTR and ranks among the top industries in CPC and CPM
There is some really impacting data gathered here, and it’s all for the taking. Perhaps most interestingly though is that although sponsored apps cost more than those that are non-sponsored, those that are sponsored install at a much faster rate. And with telecommunications having the highest average CTR and relatively average CPC, it would certainly be a smart move for, say, those in the virtual call center industry, to capitalize on this type of advertising while it is showing solid results.
- Previous article : Approaching Multi-Channel Customer Service the Right Way
- Next article : Part 2 - Exploring the Core of the Salesforce Platform